Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15inch
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi,

I am having problems connecting to Wifi and Bluetooth after Windows 11 upgrade on my HP Spectre.

The problem seems to be with the Intel Wi-fi 6 AX201 160MHz Network adaptor. The latest driver for this is 22.80.1.1 as per Intel and it is installed.

The error is "This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful."

Steps done to try to resolve:

(1) Uninstall and reinstall drivers

(2) Revert to an old driver 22.60.*

(3) Revert to Windows 10 

I have restarted the laptop millions of time after each driver install as well with no joy.

The error shown in events is "Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06F0&SUBSYS_00748086&REV_00\3&11583659&3&A3 requires further installation."

I am now able to connect to Wifi using a physical LAN cable only. Please advise if anyone has faced a similar issue and if anyone can advise on how to resolve this.

29 REPLIES 29
HP Recommended

@HarryShan 

Please download and install the following driver

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-i...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

This didn't work for me.  I'm having the same problem.  After my windows 11 upgrade, my wifi 6 ax201 no longer works.  Any other ideas?  I've uninstalled the device in devi8 manager, deleted the drivers, installed/updated the driver, tried rolling back driver versions, and updated the laptop BIOS.  What am I missing?

HP Recommended
Spoiler
Spoiler
@harryshan are you still having the issue?
HP Recommended

@HarryShan are you still having the issue?

HP Recommended

Hi BH,

I have the same issue as the original poster but I have windows 10, the issue started when I updated the BIOS to the latest drivers.

This solution I tried and it did not work for me either and I am still having the same issue with the network adapter.

Can you suggest any other solution for this?

Regards,

Marcus.

HP Recommended

Hi @TomMorello, Apologies for delayed response. Installing and reinstalling the drivers did not help. I logged a case with HP and they replaced my Intel card since it was under warranty. Though I still think that this was not a hardware issue but a firmware update caused by Windows 11 and HP BIOS firmware update. Currently all good and I am back online. Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

This did not help and so i logged a case with HP. They replaced my Intel card since it was under warranty. Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Same here - did you re-upgrade to Windows 11 after getting the hardware replacement, and if so, did you have any issues?

HP Recommended

Similar situation after update to windows 11 wifi worked few hours, then stops and  it showed a driver error.

The intel card is soldered to the motherboard so you cannot replace it yourself.

Harry you went back to the previous win 10 or you stay on new win 11 and (new intel card same model?) it still works?

looks that windows 11 destroys wifi cards like a virus 😪

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.