Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy X360 Convertible 15-ee0002na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In November 2020 purchased a HP Envy X360 Convertible 15-ee0002na with AMD Ryzen 7 4700U processor. Exact Product ID is 9QZ65EA#ABU. It uses a Realtek RTL8822CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter for WfFi connection.

Initially I had no problems but now I frequently find that the adapter has shut itself down and then is not even visible and I have no WiFi/Internet connection possible (diagnostics says adapter not present).

This usually happens when has been in sleep mode  but has even happened after a few minutes. Once it has shut down I cannot see the adpater in my Wifi settings and have to do a full restart to re-initiate it - then all is fine again. It seems to be becoming more frequent and is a real pain as it is also disconnecting my one drive so, besides having to close down and save everything before restarting and trying to get back to where was, some sync with cloud may not have happened and work can get lost.

I've seen there are others had same problem but not clear which solution  is appropriate for my machine and problem. Have seen suggestions to block a windows update (not keen) or to Reinstall the network adapter using HP Recovery Manager (Windows 8, 10) and/or then do a  Set BIOS default and restart.

Appreciate advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I have the same model series and fortunately, HP installed the Intel AX 200 in my 15-ee0047nr notebook.

The dual band Realtek cards are horrible and I have no idea why HP continues to use them.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if updating the wifi driver to the latest version helps any.

v.2024.0.10.221

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp112501-113000/sp112619.exe

Fix and enhancements:

- Fixes an issue which causes a blue screen event to occur.
- Fixes an issue which causes the system to restart reboot when shout down is selected.
- Fixes an issue where the wireless LAN adapter cannot connect to any wireless access points.
- Improves the wireless LAN performance in a 2.4 GHz environment.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

I have the same model series and fortunately, HP installed the Intel AX 200 in my 15-ee0047nr notebook.

The dual band Realtek cards are horrible and I have no idea why HP continues to use them.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if updating the wifi driver to the latest version helps any.

v.2024.0.10.221

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp112501-113000/sp112619.exe

Fix and enhancements:

- Fixes an issue which causes a blue screen event to occur.
- Fixes an issue which causes the system to restart reboot when shout down is selected.
- Fixes an issue where the wireless LAN adapter cannot connect to any wireless access points.
- Improves the wireless LAN performance in a 2.4 GHz environment.
HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thanks, I've now done the driver update you sent. Interestingly when I tried to do through normal update driver process, suggested I was on latest version already but that was v.2024.0.10.220. I'll post again if this bug fix patch to ,,,221 solves the problem.

HP Recommended

You'revery welcome.

HP Recommended

A week now without any dropping out. Looks like the updated river works. Thanks to Paul for answering and providing link which wasn't coming up on regular update.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance and that is good news that the driver has helped for now.

HP Recommended

Would this driver work on HP 15s-fq2016na Laptop - Core™ i5 with a Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter?

I have a problem with the wifi not working after sleep mode. The laptop is brand new!

HP 15s-fq2016na Laptop - Core™ i5
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem.  I also bought my HP Envy X360 Convertible 15-ee0002na with AMD Ryzen 7 4700U processor in November.  Same Wifi Adapter, same issue.  

Tried many fixes none of them works.  Eventually, I contacted HP support.  They provided me with Wifi and BIOS driver updated.  (Which I found out later they were older versions...) Asked me to reset my laptop (so I lost everything).  In the end, they even asked me to send my laptop away for 8 - 10 days.  

Fortunately, I saw this post in the last minute, tried with this driver update (which turned out to be a newer version than the one on the HP website, as well as a newer version than the one provided by HP support).  And now, over a week, it works perfectly.

For those who wondered, this Realtek does indeed causes a blue screen event.  I was watching youtube and doing nothing, and suddenly, there was the blue screen.    After reboot, it says I have lost my Hard Drive! Only after about 3-4 reboot, I was able to start normally again.  Hopefully,  this driver will also fix this issue.

HP Recommended

Similar problem:

New laptop but wifi always shows strong but when watching YouTube or BBCiplayer or even NETFLIX i.e. any streaming or video calls then it buffers/stops/goes to low quality.

Realtek RTL8822CE 802.11ac PCIe WiFi Adapter 2024.0.10.221

When it stops working for several seconds I get this message via troubleshooter "your computer appears to be correctly configured but the device dns is not responding". I've tried changing DNS addresses to google ones but still no luck. Tried reinstalling drivers without luck as well.

My old laptop and other devices have no problem connecting and staying on the wifi connection.

Please help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.