Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17-e016dx/E8B9OUA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Spoiler
I upgraded My Wireless card because old card did not have 5G plus i wanted Bluetooth. New card is a Qualcomm Atheros "AR5B22" Half Mini PCle-PCEI-Express Wireless WLAN WiFi Card. I now have Both 2.4/5 Ghz and am able to use. But i cannot get Bluetooth to work. I do a search for BT Device but never find my Headphones. I am guessing i may have wrong driver installed. I am hoping someone may be able help me solve this problem.BT Icon.jpg

Wifi Card.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

See if my solution at the link below works...if not, I don't have any other suggestions for you.

Solved: HP ProBook 4540s Bluetooth problem in Windows 10 (64-bit) - HP Support Community - 7819414

You should have bought this dual band Broadcom wifi/Bluetooth adapter, and you would not have had any issues.

Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2×2 Wi-Fi Adapter, Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter  HP part #730668-001.

Or if you wanted to really upgrade the card to the max, you could have bought this one...

Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo HP part # 724935-001

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hi:

What model wifi adapter does your notebook have?

If you don't know, go to the device manager, click to expand the Network adapters device manager category, and there you will find the name and model number of the wireless network adapter.

The product specs page indicates that your PC didn't come with Bluetooth -- wifi only.

HP Pavilion 17-e016dx Notebook PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

But since there were drivers installed for a Bluetooth device, the specs and parts list must be incorrect.

HP Recommended

Network Adapters.jpg

Sorry for Pic. hope this helps

HP Recommended

Hope this pic helps, Thank You

Device ManagerDevice Manager

HP Recommended

I have to reduce size of jpg

HP Recommended

Network Adapters.jpg

HP Recommended

Network Adapters-min.jpg

HP Recommended

I have reduced JPEG Image to 220Kb dont know why it is not uploading pic

Network Adapters-min.jpg

HP Recommended

Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)

Qualcomm Atheros AR946x Wireless Network Adapter

Realtek PCle FE Family Controller

TAP-Windows Adapter V9

HP Recommended

Hi:

You probably need to install the W10 Atheros Bluetooth driver if you see a generic Bluetooth adapter listed under the Bluetooth device manager category.

This package contains the driver installation package for the Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth module in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72163.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.