Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Dear kobhsc,

I am sorry to hear about your problem.

Did you try to update the BIOS?

L.J. de Boer
HP Recommended

This issue seems to be quite complicated, because I've read here and in some other topics, all these different drivers proposed work for some people and for some not, case by case, individually. As concerns me, I've installed 2024.0.6.104 version and  for several days I don't experience wifi drops any more.

HP Recommended

@Laurens_1996 wrote:

Dear kobhsc,

I am sorry to hear about your problem.

Did you try to update the BIOS?

Hi Laurens,

I've checked the current BIOS version in my laptop and it said F.35, the latest version of BIOS for my laptop model in  the "Software & Drivers" section under HP Support. (I also found that the latest BIOS also came with the fix for the unexpected internet lost of the Wifi card).

Moreover, I found that the latest version (2024.0.8.103 as per mentioned earlier by you)  of Realtek RTL8822BE  wifi adapter driver in the HP support also claimed that fixed the unexpected internet lost of the Wifi card as well.

Therefore, I rolled back my recently updated version (2024.0.8.105)  to 2024.0.8.103 and up to now I've not experienced any Internet lost yet.  I'll keep monitoring if it really fixes the problem. KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED!

HP Recommended

@Victor_MC wrote:

This issue seems to be quite complicated, because I've read here and in some other topics, all these different drivers proposed work for some people and for some not, case by case, individually. As concerns me, I've installed 2024.0.6.104 version and  for several days I don't experience wifi drops any more.

Hi Victor,

It seems like what you mentioned.

FYI  my earlier version of the wifi card was 2024.0.6.104 which I had experienced Internet lost.

Now, I have found that there are at least two items highly related to the problem. One is driver of the wifi card and the other is BIOS accordingly to the detail stated in Software & Drivers section for my laptop model  of HP Support website. 

The latest wifi driver and BIOS software claimed that fixed the unexpected Network lost  are  2024.0.8.103  and  F.35 Rev.A,  respectively.  So far so good. I have not experienced Internet lost yet after using for a few hours. However, still have to keep monioring if the problem has already been fixed.

HP Recommended

Dear Kobhsc,

I am glad that the driver version that I have mentioned to you for the Realtek RTL8822BE (2024.0.8.103) is working for you until now. 

L.J. de Boer
HP Recommended

@Laurens_1996 wrote:

Dear Kobhsc,

I am glad that the driver version that I have mentioned to you for the Realtek RTL8822BE (2024.0.8.103) is working for you until now. 

Hi Laurens,

Too bad!  The problem is still recurring after using the laptop for a while later. Huh!

HP Recommended

Dear Kobhsc,

I hope realtek will release other drivers in the near future that might fix your problem.

L.J. de Boer
HP Recommended

Have you tried adjusting your power management scheme? I have an Envy x360 13 with Ryzen 2700 but with the intel 7265 card in it, which suffered similar problems, which were entirely fixed by setting power management for maximum performance. Here's the intel guide:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005879/network-and-i-o/wireless-networki...

HP Recommended

@pj123 wrote:

Have you tried adjusting your power management scheme? I have an Envy x360 13 with Ryzen 2700 but with the intel 7265 card in it, which suffered similar problems, which were entirely fixed by setting power management for maximum performance. Here's the intel guide:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005879/network-and-i-o/wireless-networki...

Hi PJ,

Yes, I did several actions including adjusting power options to maximum performance and also deselecting the power management of the wifi adapter card to  not turn off the device when low power as well.

But the problem has been still recurring.

Let me recap what I have done so far to fix the problem of unexpectedly No Internet of Realtek 8822BE 

1. Adjusted power management of the Wifi adapter by not allowing to turn off the device when low power

2. Adjusted power options to maximum performance

3. Updated the Wifi adapter driver to the latest version i.e. 2024.0.8.105 (from Microsoft catalog page) and 2024.0.8.103 (from HP support page)

4. Updated the BIOS to the latest version of F.35 Rev A (from HP support page)

5. Changed the Home Wifi channels of both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz to less jammed channels

However, the problem has been still not resolved permanently (recurring from time to time)

HP Recommended

@Laurens_1996 wrote:

Dear Kobhsc,

I hope realtek will release other drivers in the near future that might fix your problem.

Hi Laurens,

I hope so. By the way, was the problem of "No Internet" really resolved since you updated the driver version 2024.0.8.103?

Never experienced the problem again after that?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.