Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I may have goofed.  While I was waiting, I went to Windows update to see how many updates were needed for this windows version.  It didn't ask me to start installing, it just started all by itself.  I tried to reboot, but it is stuck with the blue screen which says "Getting Windows Ready.  Don't Turn off Computer".

Should I reboot it ?

HP Recommended

I guess I don't have any choice.  If it doesn't come back up, I can redo the Recovery USB and start from scratch.

HP Recommended

I just rebooted and it came up.  I'll get the information you requested.

HP Recommended

I ran HP PC Diagnostics Windows tool.  It passed all tests except for the System Extensive Test which I am running now.  I'll let you know how it goes when it completes.

HP Recommended

Hello @daviesma 

Please allow Windows to apply all necessary updates. Several reboots will likely be required. After that, you should run the diagnostic tests.

Kind regards

HP Recommended

It just passed the System Extensive Test.  All tests were completed successfully with no errors.

HP Recommended

I ran all the tests again after all the updates where complete.  no failures.  Still have the boot issue where I have to hold F11 down and then select Windows 10.

HP Recommended

Hello @daviesma 

(1) How to enter <BIOS>

- Turn off computer and wait five seconds

- Turn on computer, and then immediately press [ESC] key repeatedly until the Startup Menu opens 

- Press [F10] to enter <BIOS>

(2) Please send pictures of < allBIOS settings

( if serial number, device id, UUID, System Board CT Number is displayed, please blur )

HP Recommended

This where I'm at right now.  I can live with this.  My wife only uses the laptop for reading emails.

1. I have the laptop booting without any user intervention required.  This is great.  I do get the blue screen that has two options: "Windows 10" and "TDC - SDV (File)".  It only stays on this screen for two seconds and then it continues to successfully boot.  The boot process kept going to this screen and the default selection was "TDC - SDV (File)" and this would fail and I would end up with the Black screen.  I rebooted with F11 depressed and selected " Use another operating system".  I changed the default selection to "Windows 10" and set the timer for 2 seconds and this works fine.

IMG_0879.jpgIMG_0881.jpgIMG_0893.jpg

2. One Windows update will not install.  When I did the Check for Updates, it came back with about 12 or so updates.  They all installed successfully except for this one:

>>> 2022-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5013942)

It fails.  I have disabled the Windows Update service so that it doesn't continually try install this update.  Here are a few pictures to show you the sequence that occurs when I do the restart to install this update.

IMG_0886.jpgIMG_0887.jpgIMG_0889.jpgIMG_0890.jpgIMG_0892.jpgIMG_0893.jpgIMG_0894.jpgIMG_0895.jpg

HP Recommended

Hello @daviesma 

Please reinstall Windows using the <HP cloud recovery> USB flash drive.

Kind regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.