Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

wifi connections need advice plz

hp envy notebook 17 k20lna
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

hi can anyone help me please 

my laptop is only seeing 2g wifi to connect too but im sure it should be seeing 5g aswell 

i have been upgraded to windows 10 ages ago but even when i bought it it has only seen 2g

all my other pc phones tv etc all see both 2g and 5g can anyone help me please 

thankyou so much 

Pep 

3 REPLIES 3
Level 20
Level 20
114,862 105,040 16,585 25,442
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi:

Most HP consumer notebooks do not come with dual band wireless network adapters.

The easiest way to check if your notebook has a single band or dual band wireless N card is this:

Go to the device manager and click to expand the Network Adapters device category.

There you will see the names and model numbers of the ethernet and wireless adapters.

If the suffix of the model of your notebook's wireless network adapter ends in b/g/n, it is only a single band (2.4 Ghz) card.

If it ends in a/b/g/n or a/g/n, then it is a dual band (2.4/5.0 HGz) wireless card.

Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

ty so much for your fast reply its looking like just a 2g oh well it still works lol 

ty again Paul 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
114,862 105,040 16,585 25,442
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You're very welcome.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation