Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have internet and can receive emails, but I cannot connect to IE or Google Chrome.  Started with not getting images on emails. Cannot send emails.  Error messages I am getting are "Program Manager not working" "HPSF.exe stopped working"  'HP connection manager stopped responding, Error 80080005"  "AMD/ATI video driver" and AMD-Display Adapter-ATI Radeon Graphic Cards not working.  The computer won't restore to an earlier date. Have no idea what to do. Any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @healingwind,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post on how you are not able to connect to your Internet browsers, that your notebook is experiencing multiple error messages, and I would be happy to help you!

For further assistance, I will need to know:

1. If you can provide screen shots of all of the error messages as they appear on the screen.
  2. The Product and Model Number of your notebook computer.
  3. The version of Windows you have installed on your computer.
  4. If your computer has completed all of its important Windows Updates.
  5. If you have updated your HP drivers using the HP Support Assistant.
  6. If this is an on-going, or recent issue.

Please re-post with the necessary information, this way I will be able to research this further for you. I look forward to your reply!

Cheers!

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello, My computer is HP Pavilion g7-1219, and using Windows 7.  I have no knowledge of how to take a screenshot of the messages.  My HP support assistant isn't working  so I cannot update the drivers.  I went onto programs and tried repairing any drivers, but with no success.  This is a recent problem.  When the HPSF.exe states it is not working, it says to click OK to fix, but it doesn't fix.  This all seemed to start with not being able to pull up images on my emails and then I started getting  Program Manager not working and HP Connection Manager stopped responding, check HP connection manager in event viewer, error 8008005. Next came the AMD/ATI video driver not working, and then AMD Display adapter ATI Radeon Graphic Cards not working.  I cannot set a restore date to do a system restore either.  Windows updates are done automatically.  As stated I can receive emails, but I cannot send them.  I can also print emails.  I run the windows network diagnostics when I try to open IE, and it just states it can't identify the problem. When I try to open the web on Google Chrome it says no data received, unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.  Other things  I have read say to uninstall and then reinstall from the site, but since I can't get on the web, I don't uninstall.  Any help you can provide is appreciated.  If I can't get fixed, I'll probably have to take to the shop.  Right now working on a very slow little netbook.  Thanking you in advance.

Healingwind (Linda)

HP Recommended

Hi again healingwind,

It's good to hear from you again!

Based on the information you have provided in your post, I recommend following the steps below:

Step 1. Click the Start button
Step 2. In the search box, type "Command Prompt"

Step 3. Click on Command Prompt

Step 3. Type "ping www.hp.com" and hit Enter

Step 4. Now I would like you to record the IP Address that is being pinged

Step 5. Type "ping <enter the ip address from Step 5) and hit Enter

Were both pings successful? If not, I would like you  to flush your DNS. You can do this by following the steps I have set out below:

Step 3. Right-click Command Prompt

Step 4. Click Run as administrator
Step 5. At the command prompt, type "ipconfig /flushdns"

Was this successful? If not, I would like you to  reset the TCP/IP stack. To do this follow the next set of steps I have set out below:

Step 4. Click Run as administrator
Step 5. Type "netsh winsock reset catalog" and hit Enter
Step 6. Type "netsh int ip reset reset.log" and hit Enter
Step 7. Restart your computer

Next, if none of the above works I would like you to try to Install Windows updates in Windows 7. I would recommend you ensure all updates are done.

Next I would like you to try the next set of steps I have set out for you below:

Step 2. In the search box, type "Windows Explorer"

Step 3. Click on Windows Explorer

Step 4. In the Address bar at the top try to stream a video or download Google Chrome

Lastly, If we still have the issue we are at the point where we need to use the HP Support document: Backing Up Your Files (Windows 7) to back up your personal files. Once we have done this successfully I would like you to review and follow the steps set out in the HP Support document: Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 7), which will walk you through restoring your computer back to factory.

***NOTE: This will destroy everything on your computer so make sure you have backed up everything you wish to keep.

reference: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Desktop-PC-Questions/ethernet-not-working-on-slimline-desktop/m-p...

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, and I look forward to your reply!

Regards Smiley Happy

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

MechPilot,

Unfortunately, none of the procedures worked.  The ping was not successful, but the DNS was flushed. Tried update with 9 unimportant updates which failed, code 80072F78. 4 of them were for Win 7 updates. Others for keyboard, mouse, Realtek and Synaptics.  Seems like my only option is to take the laptop to see if it can be fixed or else backup and do a recovery.  Thank you again for all your suggestions. 

Linda

HP Recommended

OS Windows 8.1

Laptop (Intel Wireless)

Google Chrome, Mozilla and IE unresponsive.

Command Prompt ping showed 100% loss.

I did this step:

Step 4. Click Run as administrator -- (didn't give me the option to run as administrator, proceeded anyway)
Step 5. At the command prompt, type "ipconfig /flushdns"

DNS flushed. 

Restarted Computer

SUCCESS!

A thousand thank yous. 

I am bookmarking this page. :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended
Hello I have a HP pavilion g6-1d70us notebook and I no go on the internet and it is connected to the wifi what can I do ?
HP Recommended

Hello@Rosie854

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, Thank you for posting your query.

As I understand that your computer is connected to your wireless network, but will not open any websites on google chrome or internet explorer, Is that right?

I'll be more than glad to help you out!!

I would like to know if you have already reset the internet options on the browser. 

If not, I would recommend you to do so.

Please try the steps below. 

Open control panel

Search for internet options on the search box available on the top right side of the control panel window. 

Once you open the internet options, you would get internet properties window. 

Select the advanced tab on the top right side of the internet properties window. 

On the advanced tab, towards the bottom, you would have the option to restore advanced settings and restart the browser and check. 

If this does not help, on the same advanced tab you would have the option to reset. Please try that (Note: Reset will remove all your saved passwords from the browser)

Let me know if this helps. 

Have a wonderful day ahead.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.