Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am having an HP Spectre x360-13-w018tu (i7, 16gb and 1TB ssd), probably needless to say but this machine is having the same problems, loosing app 12% a day no matter how you shut down the machine. Wonder if anyone of you tried the Sphinx update on this model and if so what was the result ? Thks.

HP Recommended

Hello@ft-s,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.

I understand that you need assistance in fixing the issue on Battery which is losing the power quickly even when its shut down. Did I get it, right?

I request you to try the following links in the same order and check if that solves the issue.

Battery doesn’t hold charge: http://hp.care/2ieCYnI

Testing and calibrating the battery: http://hp.care/2bMlH5K

BIOS update: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78452.exe

Hope this answers the question. Please let me know more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

@Resolv_S wrote:

Hello@ft-s,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.

I understand that you need assistance in fixing the issue on Battery which is losing the power quickly even when its shut down. Did I get it, right?

I request you to try the following links in the same order and check if that solves the issue.

Battery doesn’t hold charge: http://hp.care/2ieCYnI

Testing and calibrating the battery: http://hp.care/2bMlH5K

BIOS update: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78452.exe

Hope this answers the question. Please let me know more.

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

It is nice to see someone from hp come and reply

But if you actually took the time to read the thread. none of those work.

we need a solution.. something that works. not a canned response..

We shoudlnt' have to turn off features of the premium laptop like usb charging etc for things to work a little bit better.

it seems hp didn't do enough quality testing, and some users are outside their return period.

HP Recommended
Haha! Yeah those dumb responses piss me off a lot. They are either robots or maybe people from India trained to copy and paste things. HP won't pay any real techs to come here. That's okay though. They will likely just have their faulty laptops returned back to them and lose a lot of customers. That's what I am doing if it's not fixed by return date of January 15th.
HP Recommended

@AndroidPurity wrote:
Haha! Yeah those dumb responses piss me off a lot. They are either robots or maybe people from India trained to copy and paste things. HP won't pay any real techs to come here. That's okay though. They will likely just have their faulty laptops returned back to them and lose a lot of customers. That's what I am doing if it's not fixed by return date of January 15th.

Exactly ..

On my one i am out of the return period. - might have to talk to a lawyer and force legal crap their way if they don't take it back.

on the other i have until january 15th as well.

Premium laptop .. maybe by feel lol 

HP Recommended

Hello@op1001 and AndroidPurity,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
I keep forwarding this thread to the useless case manager. Post this problem everywhere you can. I already put it on best buy in the q&a section.
HP Recommended

Running the Sphinx update fixed the issue for me. I was seeing almost 10% drain within 24 hours. I left my computer off for 24 hours after the Sphinx update and I was happy to see that my 2016 x360 was still at 100%. I have the 2016 Spectre x360 with i7-7500u and 16GB RAM with a 512 SSD.

I downloaded it from this link:

Index of ftp://sphinx12@ftp.usa.hp.com/

HP Recommended

My experience is that the Sphinx firmware update changes two things.  One is that upon turning the unit on after a long period of shutdown it may read anywhere from 0-3% less capacity then was observed at the previous shutdown.   This is better than the original out-of-the-box state where it showed a power-up drop of 6% in 12 hours.   So having it read 100% after 12 or more hours of shutdown after the update is consistent with my experience.  The second observation, though, is that the indicated capacity will deplete at an accelerated rate after the unit has been turned on.    So although it may read 100% after being off for 12 hours it may read 95% after being on for several minutes...   This is more in line with expectations of little battery drain at turn-on; however, the faster depletion once turned on seems to be a common pattern for me as the unit is used periodically during the discharge cycle.   

Has anyone monitored the startup UEFI component test battery capacity at shutdown and turn-on to see if the battery is really being drained during shutdown?

HP Recommended

Has anyone tried the Sphinx fix with the w000 model? That's the one with an i5 7200 cpu, 8gb RAM and 256gb ssd.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.