Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
E8C34UA#ABA - Split X2
Windows 8.1

Hello, I have an HP split X2 Model Number E8C34UA#ABA. I keep having an issue which says Battery 2 plugged in but not charging or Bttery 2 not detected. I see that many other Split X2 users have the same issue butr this issue hasnt been resolved. Any assistance would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I was contacted by an HP Case Manager about the issues that I had. Even though my product was out of warranty, HP offered me a discount on the repair. They replaced the battery inside of the dock and fixed another issue. I have to say that I am very happy with HP and their representatives and will remain a loyal customer.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hello @ewalker101,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post on how your notebook computer indicates that Battery 2 is plugged in, but not charging or detected, and I would be happy to help you!

To further diagnose this issue, I recommend following the steps below to successfully enable your computer to charge the battery:

To test and synchronize the battery to your computer, I recommend following this document onTesting and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 😎. This should help maintain a charge on your notebook's battery.

Additionally, I also suggest following the steps below re-install the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery:

Step 1. Go to Device Manager
Step 2. Select Batteries
Step 3. Right click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there
Step 4. Click Uninstall
Step 5. At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver
Step 6. Shutdown the computer
Step 7: Remove the battery for minute and then put it back in

When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.

Step 8. Go to Device Manager
Step 9. Select Batteries
Step 10. Right click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there
Step 11. Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"

If the issue persists, please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

I hope this helps!

Regards :smileyhappy:

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Ho MechPilot,

Thanks for the reply.I have tried all of the above before posting without any success. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed

HP Recommended

So it seems that everyone who has an HP Split X2 is having issues with the 2nd battery in the dock. I think this opens HP up to a class action lawsuit. I will have to contact a Lawyer to see of this is actionable.

HP Recommended

So far I have received one PM from an HP senior support rep. I will keep everyone upto date. This sems like a very widespread issue. I just need to know which part to buy to fix the 2nd batery charging problem.

These are the make or break moments for a company to keep it's cuistomers. If I can get this resolved, I will stay a loyal HP customer, if not, then I will never buy another HP product and I will steer all of my friends and family away from HP. The company that I work for has a support contract with HP which I can lobby for or against keeping in the future.

HP Recommended

Still nothing new from HP. If you are reading this and you are having the same problem, please post to this thread. This may be the only way that we get HP to recognise that they have sold us all defective products.

HP Recommended

I am also having the same issue. Computer is not yet a year old, both batteries have always charged in the past but I noticed last week that battery #2 has 0% and even with the cord plugged in, it is not charging. I have completed the calibration tests but still have not been able to fix this problem.

HP : Have you been able to find the cause of this issue? Or able to provide any other way to fix battery #2 so it can  charge? 

HP Recommended

Hello @KathCrosby,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that your notebook computer indicates that Battery 2 is plugged in, but not charging or detected, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter!

Since you have already completed the calibration tests, I suggest following the steps below to re-install the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery:

Step 1. Go to Device Manager
Step 2. Select Batteries
Step 3. Right click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there
Step 4. Click Uninstall
Step 5. At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver
Step 6. Shutdown the computer
Step 7: Remove the battery for minute and then put it back in

When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.

Step 8. Go to Device Manager
Step 9. Select Batteries
Step 10. Right click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there
Step 11. Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"

If the issue persists, please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

I hope this helps!

Regards :smileyhappy:

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Same problem with mine did all the suggested "solutions".

To HP: either get someone from your staff that actually has a model on hand to figure out what is going on or please stop posting generic copy/pasted "solutions" from your "HP support agents"

In all cases HP is known for not following up properly with their customers and this is likely the last HP product I will be purchasing.

It's been good knowing ya for the past 15 years, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on you as well.

HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.