Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion M7
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
System Boot up goes straight to No Operating System Found. Disconnect any drivers that do not contain an operating system. I have nothing plugged into the Labtop at the moment. F2 at boot up shows URFI Diagnostics Bios version 1.6.0.0 Harf drive and Memory Tests are successful. F10 shows boot orders in correct orders. Please help.
24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

Hello @bigSPOON420

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting!

Since the BIOS/UEFI hardware diagnostics passed, your issue is related to the fact Windows/BIOS cannot find a bootable device to load an operating system from.

This can be caused because:

- BIOS settings are incorrect

- your Windows OS is corrupted

I suggest you enter the BIOS and load default settings/reset the BIOS to factory default condition.

Restart the PC and if this does not help, you will need to reinstall the operating system (or perform HP Recovery). Do you use Windows 7 as mentioned above initially ? Do you know how to perform HP Recovery F11  option ?

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended
Thanks, the PC was originally Windows 7 Home edition. After installing Windows 10, the back up data that was saved onto the PC AND onto a bootable flash drive has became corrupted. Unfortunately the windows 7 edition and windows 10 I had, were both digital copies. So I have no CD to use to install an OS.
HP Recommended
My recent BIOS before updating to windows 10 was F.2E. But by pressing F2 at start up takes me to a black screen with bios 1.6.0.0
HP Recommended
I have office university 2010 that was never used for college. Is it possible to use that version to install an OS? Then update back to windows 7 home?
HP Recommended
Also, I have entered the BIOS. Hitting F2 shows BIOS 1.6.0.0, F10 shows BIOS F.2E. Considering I have digital copies of Windows, do I disable the CD-ROM Boot and Enable a Network Adapter Boot? Or do I need to change UEFI Boot orders?
HP Recommended

@bigSPOON420 wrote:
 Unfortunately the windows 7 edition and windows 10 I had, were both digital copies. So I have no CD to use to install an OS.

Windows 10 ISO image can be downloaded from Microsoft web site - for free.

Windows 7 ISO image can be downloaded from Microsoft but only full product package (FPP) version, not OEM version.

If the PC came with Windows 7 Home, does it have a COA sticker attached to it on the bottom - do you have a license for it.

If you upgraded to Windows 10 from Win 7, was this performed when it was free some time ago?? Microsoft had 1 year long campaign for free upgrade to Win 10.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended
I have loaded and set up defaults at every screen I can come across and still get the "An operating system wasn't found." Error message on boot up. Like I said, I have no USB/CD/Portable devices plugged in. Not even the power cord.
HP Recommended

@bigSPOON420 wrote:
My recent BIOS before updating to windows 10 was F.2E. But by pressing F2 at start up takes me to a black screen with bios 1.6.0.0

Don't worry about this - it is not important now and is not realted to the operating system. F2 is not the BIOS - this is UEFI part of the hardware diagnostics

HP Recommended
Yes it does have a sticker on the bottom of it with Windows 7 product Key information
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.