Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi @ Simon942,

I reviewed it. You are right. Please try this link: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-software-framework-not-availa...    

This is also a third party link.: http://qpdownload.com/hp-notebook-software-framework-download-1/ Please do not click on any ad, image, link or download other that the HP software framework download. If it asks you to pay, stop right there and do not proceed.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

You send me virus? ;(.

Norton go to totally crazy right now. And the program is downloading so much virus ;(

Please help!

HP Recommended

Hi @Simon942,

Please run a scan. and please check the other Hp link that I sent you. It has the Softpaq for HP software framework. This is a solution given by a reputed forum expert.

Please keep me posted.

Have a great day.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, 

I got it removed. But there can i find the newest version to Coolsense 2.20.41 ( FROM HP's website not virus websites ) ? 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi @Simon942,

You are simply awesome in your troubleshooting. Kudos yo you for a brilliant effort. 🙂 Did you the other HP forum expert link that I sent you?

Please keep me posted. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Oh hello again,

Sorry about that. I had misunderstood. Yes i had taked a look on this 🙂

Best regards Simon

HP Recommended

Without HP Software Framework my fan only go up in speed when i lift my laptop with Coolsense enabled. Is that normal? :). But need HP Coolsense 2.2 HP Software Framework? 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi @Simon942,

Excellent troubleshooting. Please try to stick with HP cool sense. Please try this document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02638953 and perform the relevant steps mentioned.

Please try these links from Hp forums:https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Unable-to-install-HP-coolsense-...   

Link 2: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Cool-Sense-for-Windows-10-64-...

These are solutions given by Hp forum experts.

Trust me I've done everything here to assist you by keeping your best interest in mind. 🙂 I’ve done a lot of research myself. You've been absolutely superb to work with, by displaying great technical skills. 🙂 I thank you again for your time. It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 

You take care now, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you very much for the nice words ;). I installed the HP Software Framework from the Recovery center and HP Coolsense working. But why in 2.2 the fan not go up in speed or do anything only set up the fan speed if i lift the computer? Is that normal. In HP Coolsense 2.0 the fan go up in speed but too do the CPU slower why can HP Coolsense not remove the DownClock CPU feature and just set the fan to a higher speed if needed. HP Coolsense 2.2 or 2.1 not do anything if you not lift the computer.

HP Recommended

Hi @Simon942,

I read and reviewed the post. The document that I gave you explains everything about cool sense technology. The fan is made quieter. it does not mean that it would not run at higher speeds when required. It would. It is just that the Coolsense technology is designed that way. Please check the article that I have sent you. It will give all the information that you need about Hp Coolsense.

Trust me I've done everything here to assist you by keeping your best interest in mind. 🙂 I’ve done a lot of research myself. You've been absolutely superb to work with, by displaying great technical skills. 🙂 I thank you again for your time. It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 

You take care now, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.