Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

could you please share the update name? e.g. KB XXXXXXXXX

HP Recommended
Hi.... just checked it... it was installed on the 6th Aug... But I had to initiate a restart and install to configure the updates... Never seen it like that before. Anyway it was
(KB3081424) ...So affectively it was installed today on the 10th Aug. Hope this helps.
HP Recommended
I guess my problem started with this update 😞
HP support says that they are aware of the problem and that microsoft is working on a fix. Let's see
****Click the Thumb icon to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
HP Recommended
I had shut down and rebooted my laptop many times since the 6th Aug so..it just wasn't installing the update fully untill I had checked the "update and security" and was waiting for me to choose the update and restart option...This used to be an option in the start menu with the power off or restart or install updates and restart.
HP Recommended
Yeah, but in my case the problem started once this update was installed 🙂
HP envy m7 k111-dx
****Click the Thumb icon to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
HP Recommended
Anyway i reverted back to windows 8.1..when things become stable with windows 10 (after 3 months at least) i will upgrade.
HP Recommended

I had the same problem, doing more test, I found that when I enable the processor virtualization Intel VT, the problem happen, with the option disable, the laptop shutdown with no problem.

Waiting for HP answer

HP Recommended

Same with me. Please Help. 

using HP pavilion 15 smart touch-p006tx

HP Recommended

I've had this problem on my 64Gb HP x2 Split, but only intermittently.

HP Recommended

YES!!!!! A Solution that worked.  Spread the news.  It has to do with the Intel Virtualization Tehnology. Didn't know what that was until this issue came up in Windows 10.

First, find out if this is your issue.  

1. I installed the 'Intel Processor Identification Utility' directly from Intel.

2. After installation, open the program and go to the 'CPU Technologies' tab.

3. If it says 'YES' for Intel Virtualization Tehnology, proceed.

Solution...(at least on my system)

1. The next thing you have to do is go into the BIOS.  If you have not done this before, proceed at your own risk. 

You need to restart the computer and enter the BIOS (for me I hit F10 at the HP screen)

2. Within the BIOS, there is an 'Advanced Options' section

3. In this section there is a line for 'Intel Virtualization Tehnology' and it will say enabled or disabled.  My computer said disabled.

4. If this is the case, change the option to 'ENABLED'; then SAVE and EXIT from the BIOS.  

The Computer will restart and from that point on Shut Down, Sleep, etc. has worked.  WOW this was a frustrating issue. Almost went back to Windos 8.  I take no credit for this solution, I pieced it together from other posts on this issue.  Hope this helps.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.