Note on archived topics.
08-10-2015 08:17 AM
(KB3081424) ...So affectively it was installed today on the 10th Aug. Hope this helps.
08-10-2015 08:21 AM
HP support says that they are aware of the problem and that microsoft is working on a fix. Let's see
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
08-10-2015 08:25 AM
08-10-2015 05:47 PM
I had the same problem, doing more test, I found that when I enable the processor virtualization Intel VT, the problem happen, with the option disable, the laptop shutdown with no problem.
Waiting for HP answer
08-13-2015 04:18 PM
YES!!!!! A Solution that worked. Spread the news. It has to do with the Intel Virtualization Tehnology. Didn't know what that was until this issue came up in Windows 10.
First, find out if this is your issue.
1. I installed the 'Intel Processor Identification Utility' directly from Intel.
2. After installation, open the program and go to the 'CPU Technologies' tab.
3. If it says 'YES' for Intel Virtualization Tehnology, proceed.
Solution...(at least on my system)
1. The next thing you have to do is go into the BIOS. If you have not done this before, proceed at your own risk.
You need to restart the computer and enter the BIOS (for me I hit F10 at the HP screen)
2. Within the BIOS, there is an 'Advanced Options' section
3. In this section there is a line for 'Intel Virtualization Tehnology' and it will say enabled or disabled. My computer said disabled.
4. If this is the case, change the option to 'ENABLED'; then SAVE and EXIT from the BIOS.
The Computer will restart and from that point on Shut Down, Sleep, etc. has worked. WOW this was a frustrating issue. Almost went back to Windos 8. I take no credit for this solution, I pieced it together from other posts on this issue. Hope this helps.