Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I bought a dv3t-2000 two months ago and recently i installed windows 7 and i just realize that is not possible to change the brightness on the screen, is always the same. I have tried changing the power plans, I've upgraded the BIOS, but so far is not working.

I will appreciate if anybody help me with this issue.

Thanks in advance .

Maurice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I tried all the drivers from hp but none of them solved the problem but after searching in the web i happen to find a solution to the screen brightness problem.... now everything is working the way is supposed to.

It was just matter of installing a new version of the "Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family" from Intel, the driver supplied by HP seems to have a problem.

Thanks anyway.

Maurice

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39
HP Recommended

lol. did you actualling install the drivers for your graphics?

HP Recommended
Not a very helpful answer "dummycakes."  This has nothing to do with the graphics driver.  Most of the HP laptops have a keyboard Function key and you can press FN + F7 to decrease and F8 to increase screen brightness.  I am getting ready to install Windows 7 myself and would like the answer to this also.  My guess that is what Maurice is talking about.  I thought I saw somewhere that you need to install the latest drivers for the Quick Launch buttons and keyboard although I don't see a keyboard driver listed anywhere under Vista or Windows 7.  There are Quick Launch drivers for both.
HP Recommended

I tried all the drivers from hp but none of them solved the problem but after searching in the web i happen to find a solution to the screen brightness problem.... now everything is working the way is supposed to.

It was just matter of installing a new version of the "Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family" from Intel, the driver supplied by HP seems to have a problem.

Thanks anyway.

Maurice

HP Recommended

You solution of installing the latest drivers provided by Intel worked for me as well. Thanks for posting!

James. 

HP Recommended

This solution worked for me as well. I had already downloaded the one on the HP site first, so I was perplexed.  I have probably suffered retinal damage due to my very bright screen prior to finding your post.  THANK YOU!

HP Recommended

Yeah, that worked for me as well. I could not change the brightness, be it from the keyboard or from the power options.

I uninstalled the previous drivers and then downloaded and installed the drivers from the download center at the Intel site.

Thanks. :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

i have hp dv9700 and i cant also change the sccreen brightness. can you please help me out?

HP Recommended

See the above - the update you need is usually listed under Windows Update > Optional updates.

HP Recommended

Yeah, this worked for me too. I have a dv3-2155mx and had to uninstall the HP modified driver before I could install the intel driver. At least now I can adjust the screen brightness

C'mon HP, fix this crap and fix the quick launch issues!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.