Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Sorry to hear that you are having start up problems with your computer as well. I would like to help with this issue but I need some information.

Can you provide the full model and product number of the computer? Here is a link that shows how to find that information.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

Model dv6-3025dx

Product number WQ680UA#ABA

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information,

Here is a link to some troubleshooting steps for blank display on start up. Follow the steps in the link, I would suggest the steps for the memory especially.

Let me know if you have questions.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

Thank you for the link.  The CAPS & NUM lock are blinking once (over & over, but there seems to be enough space between each blink that I can safely say it correlates to the blink 1 time code).  

As this indicates a CPU failure, the next step says to contact HP for assistance.  Please advise on who I should be contacting, exactly.

Thank you, again.

HP Recommended

You're welcome,

Here is a link to contact options for HP computers purchased in the US.

Here is a link to contact options for HP computers purchased outside the US.

Signature

HP Recommended

Like, Amber, I was also getting "one blink" on my caps lock button and a black screen. A hard reset did nothing.

I tried to contact HP, but they only want to charge you money to talk to anyone unless your computer is in warranty. My advice to Amber is to not waste your time, and don't agree to pay anything. There is nothing they can do over the phone to repair a bad CPU, unless it is in warranty.

This laptop is only three years old, and I took it to a repair shop yesterday. They confirmed this morning that the CPU is bad. No reason for it to fail. I've always used it on a hard surface and usually with a cooling mat. This same laptop also had a hard drive failure at 9 months. I had most everything backed up on an EHD, but the HP rep I talked to did not tell me to create a PST file for Outlook, so I lost 9 months of contacts and messages that I had saved.

I've been very loyal to HP (five laptops), but I think I should have had more than three years out of this one. It makes me question that loyalty.

The repair person could give me no reason for the failure other than to say the dv6 and dv7s have a history of overheating.

HP Recommended

My DV7-1228 has a recently replaced motherboard, but I'm having some problems

PN NB238UA#ABC

64 bit

AMD Athlon

ATI Radeon Graphics

Can boot in safe mode

Restart is OK, but after running for a few minutes,the screen goes black

Any idea of the issue and how and where it can be solved wll be appreciated

Graphics rating test 3.1

Desperate

Any suggestions welcome  

HP Recommended

I don't plan on paying to get it fixed....between my computer-guru father and my engineer step-dad, the two of them plan to recover my HD in one way or another. Fingers crossed we get all my photos & documents back!! 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the update Amber,

I hope for the best!!!

Signature

HP Recommended

Hello dbldee,

I see that you are having problems with the display going blank soon after starting.

If you start the computer normally does it give you a display at all or do you have to use safe mode to see anything?

Have you tried using an external monitor with the computer to see if the image would stay on the external monitor?

Here is a link to some troubleshooting steps that you can try that may help with the issue.

Signature

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.