Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@jjmyu

Hi,

Please reset IE settings by running Microsoft Fix It from the link below:

How to reset Internet Explorer settings

Try to open www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup link again in Internet Explorer.

If it is shuting down by itself then I suspect overheating.

Check the link below:
How to prevent and deal with overheating.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

@amrelsamman

Hi,

Please check the link below:

System Fan is not Operating Correctly

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

@Laureen629

Hi,
Please test RAM and HDD.
In below guide you will find all informations how you may do this:
How to test RAM and HDD (Hard Drive).

HP Recommended

@DanielleBeth

Hi,
Check the link below:
How to prevent and deal with overheating.

HP Recommended

Thanks for assistance, contacted HP, my hard drive is the issue and am awaiting the new one.  Again, appreciate the help.  Extended warranties are a good thing. . .

HP Recommended

hello, i am getting an error message everytime i start up my laptop with the website above.. it says something about the battery or hard drive. my computer seems to turn off on me when it gets to 50%. do i need a new battery?

HP Recommended

when I start mt HP laptop it says contact with Hp.com

HP Recommended

hola tengo una hp mini netbook y al momento que la prendo aparece algo de smart hard disk error f2 sistem diagnotics enter continue startup

HP Recommended

my computer having start up problem when i on my computer shows press the esc key for start up menu . when i press esc key what shall i do can any one help me to solve this problem . tq

HP Recommended

@agomez6691

Hi,

Please test your battery by using HP Battery Check.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.