Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hmmm.... posted in October and 2 months later, no answer to the question of when it will be available.  Seems like it's time to get another brand of printer, Epson maybe. 

HP Recommended

Thought I'd share today's saga at Staples.  As I mentioned in a prevous post, I had an HP 902XL Magenta ink cartridge that was part of the HP recall per one of HP's posts.  It was manufactured in Malaysia and warranty expiration is August 2022.  I had the receipt and went to Staples to return the ink.  I checked their shelves for 902 series ink and they did have some in stock.  However, they were manufactured in Malaysia and had warranty dates that fell in the 2022 HP recall.  When I brought this to the attention of the Store Manager, I was abruptly told the cartridges just came in so they're good.  Now how are we as consumers supposed to differentiate which 902 series ink is 'not defective' and which 902 series ink is 'defective' if they all were manufactured in Malaysia and warranty was between 4/1/22 and 9/18/22 as per HP recall?   Seriously can this ordeal get any worse?  Fed up in NJ with HP and, now with Staples!  All I want to do is buy ink and use my HP printer!

HP Recommended

@vmaita, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Seriously, I've had enough of HP B.S 

Called corporate, and was put through to Executive Customer Relations.   Oooooo...that sounds important. F***ing NOT.  More B.S. "we understand your frustration" "we understand your anger" "The current global climate (i.e. COVID) is affecting the supply chain and shipping" "Keep checking our online store" Blah, blah, blah. 

I've F***ing had enough and asterisking out the cuss words is about as polite as I'll be, Boot me off if you don't like it, I'll be back on the phone with Executive Customer Relations.  I've had it with you people.  Get a **bleep** clue and get supplies replenished. All of us have endured this crap for months and we've had ENOUGH. We want to be able to use HP printers that we own - logistics problems are YOUR PROBLEM. Two months and longer without supplies is f***ing too long.  Get a **bleep** clue.

HP Recommended

Using an HP OfficeJet Pro 6970. Your answer, I believe, will not apply to mine.

I want d@mn ink cartridges. I've seriously had it with all of you and the poor support we're having shoved down our throats. 

And don't tell me to buy another printer - I'll be more than willing to buy ANYTHING OTHER than HP, after you pay me full purchase price for the now useless printer I have. 

Enough is enough!!!!

HP Recommended

Amen, Len_A! 

I'm sympathetic to COVID-related supply chain issues. But there's no excuse for not communicating with your customers! It took me WEEKS and a $50 trip to a repair shop to figure out that the problem with my computer was caused by bad and/or non-HP ink cartridges.  And can't they update the firmware to allow us to use off-brand ink?

Makes me sick that I had to buy a new (not HP!) printer and the HP will end up in the landfill, even though it was otherwise working perfectly well.  

HP Recommended

Notice now how they have nothing to say.

I'm serious looking at buying a Lexmark color laser printer. Costs $400 at Office Depot, and about $370 at Amazon, and the tone cartridges are pricier, but hell, you can get them, which is a major plus.

HP Recommended

I need the 902 colored ink and I cannot find them anywhere.  I have tried purchasing offbrand cartridges and they will not work.  My printer isn't even that old and works fine but now I have no ink?  What is HP's suggestion?

HP Recommended

You say you can buy 902 cartridges on HP site but only available are black and magenta.  When will all be available, especially combo pack

HP Recommended

Has anyone contacted the better business bureau or anything about this?  Seems a lot of customers should be getting refunds for their printers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.