Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Going, almost, three months with the inability to buy ink is well beyond ridiculous.  If HP are incapable of making their own product available, then they should do the next best thing.  They should give us a firmware update for our printers and allow us to use third party ink.  Enough is enough!  HP really should be ashamed of themselves for how they have handled this entire situation.  This is not how you treat customers.

HP Recommended

I just found this.   Have you tried it?

HP Recommended

Can't get help on that site. **bleep** idiots.

HP Recommended

And that isn't an HP site, either. If you don't have an account with them, they won't help.

HP Recommended

It has directions on how to shut down updating.   I tried it.  I ordered off brand ink to see if it works. 

HP Recommended

I don't see how shutting down updates will help. If we currently can't use the ink, what good does it do to avoid future updates?

HP Recommended

Agreed with Mckate1.  Yes, we can disable future firmware updates.  But, that won't undo updates that have already been installed.  That, still, leaves us out of luck.

HP Recommended

When I opened the3 color cartridges from a set, the cyan one  looked odd.  When I installed them in my HP Officejet 6962 I received a message “defective cartridge” .  I suspected it was the cyan cartridge, so I exchanged the new one with the old and got the printer working for the time being.  I have been an extremely loyal HP printer user, and I am quite annoyed that my printer may be becoming a paperweight as a previous writer suggested.  Will these cartridges ever become available?  When?

HP Recommended

You can't get the XL multi-packs either... None of the XLs seem to be available and not much is avail in the 'economy' capacity either. This is very frustrating when my printer is not very old and I can't supply it with ink?

HP Recommended

Yellow and blue are NOT available

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.