Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 7525 All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The HP 7525 All-in-One I just bought was missing its BLACK, CYAN, and MAGENTA Set-up ink cartridges. Please advise:

1) Where can I buy the missing #564 SET-UP ink cartridges for this model ?

2) What are the steps to override/bypass the use of set-up ink cartridges in this particular 7525 model?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Xenomorf

Feel free to contact us in the future if you need any assistance.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Xenomorf

Welcome to the HP support community.

I am sending you a private message with the steps to override the setup cartridges message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Greetings, Sandytechy20;

I saw your instructions (thank you VERY much!!) and made a note of them for reference to use in case the set-up cartridges I luckily found 1&1/2 days after I wrote my message do not work. I’m hoping these set-up cartridges DO work so my ink level indicators do not have their level reading accuracy adversely affected as I read would happen if set-up cartridges are bypassed/overridden. I’ll let you know the outcome. I’m supposed to receive them by the end of March.

Regards,

Xenomorf

HP Recommended

@Xenomorf

Feel free to contact us in the future if you need any assistance.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, Sandytechy20;

-As promised, I wanted to let you know that the #564 Set-up cartridges that I recently received by the end of March actually worked to allow me to finish initializing my HP 7525 All-in-One, so I never needed to utilize the by-pass procedures you sent me. However, I intend to keep your procedures for reference if I should ever encounter this situation again with another new HP 7525/7520 unit I happen to buy some day that does not come with Set-up cartridges. Since I was confident the solution you provided would work and appreciative of receiving the instructions, I marked your information as an "Accepted Solution" to hopefully assist others as needed.

-Thanks again for your help!

Xenomorf 

HP Recommended

@Xenomorf

Thank you so much.

Stay safe.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.