Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2724
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hi,

After performing a reset on my HP Deskjet 2724 printer, I can't complete setup on HP Smart app because of "Use SETUP cartridges" error.
I am indeed using the setup cartridges that came with the printer. How can I get past this screen?

Saw on earlier posts that I need to perform an OOBE reset. Could I get the instructions for that?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@begozcan

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

We'll have to perform a reset on the Printer for this. I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the communities page for the private message.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

@begozcan

We'll have to perform a reset on the Printer for this. I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Please also message me the instructions to do the hard reset. I need to print an important document in the next 30 minutes. If I can't since I already wasted time going and buying brand new HP ink cartridges that also don't work, I'll be returning this printer.

HP Recommended

Hello, I am also in desperate need of this.All of a sudden today my printer is not working and when I do the scan it states there is a device error an dI need to finish set up with set up cartitrdiges. I have been using this printer for months and used new ink cartridges several times. Now nothing is working. PLEASE HELP 

HP Recommended

@10martin20

Sure, we'll definitely help you with this. Which Printer do you have?

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi can you send me the steps to bypass the cartridge 

setup? We lost the ones that came with the printer. This is a Officejet Pro 6968. Thank you 

HP Recommended

@Alcon04

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, I have the same problem, Use SETUP cartridges while I am indeed using them - it happened after the printer's restart. Please help and send me the reset link asap. 

Product: HP DescJet 2710

HP Recommended

Hello - I need this bypass as well - please send asap 🙂 Thank you!

HP Recommended

Please help as the setup cartridges were damaged and I threw them away.  I bought genuine HP cartridges but the printer does not recognise them and insists i use the setup cartridges which i don't have

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.