Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Jetpro 8710

Replacing the black ink cartridge with a HP 950 X.  The old cartridge "popped" out and the new cartridge will not go in?

Any help anyone can offer?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @haireeed,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to install the cartridges for your HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 All-in-One Printer.

This issue could occur if the cartridge slot on the printhead is damaged or the cartridges are not installed properly.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue. 

And here are a few steps for you in the link: Replacing Ink Cartridges

If the issue still persists, then the printhead needs to be replaced. You may contact HP phone support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

My 8710 series won't accept the exact same new cartridges.  if I read correctly I have to "try" to replace the printhead in order to continue.  what does printhead have to do with cartridge slots? 

HP Recommended

You cant fit 950 XL cartridge in your printer because your printer is not designed to work with 950 cartridges.

It has nothing to do with a printhead, you must use 952 ink cartridges if you are in US, or 953 if you are in Europe.

remove your old working cartridge from the printer and check for a number on it, and purchase new ink cartridge according to number from working cartridge.

Both ink cartridges look very similar but they don't fit.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.