Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 7520 Photosmart printer

My HP 7520 printer set up cartridge error message says out of ink.

The main black cartridge is new and full.  It won’t print black.

How do I clear the set up cartridge error message ? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Such a printer cannot be used with Black ink only, if any color is missing, it must be replaced to resume printing.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I have new cartridges in ALL the colors

HP Recommended

What is the exact error message? it should show the affected cartridge symbol below or above the error.

When you open the cartridge access door, you will see a symbol indicating each of the cartridges.

Just to make sure, all 5 ink cartridges have ink? including the Photo cartridge too?

HP Recommended

It’s the setup cartridge that has the error message.

The set up cartridge has a yellow exclamation point saying it is empty.

But, ALL the other cartridges are brand new and full.

How do I clear the setup cartridge error ? 

HP Recommended

Hi,

The printer was originally provided with 5 Setup cartridges for any of its five base colors, Setup its not it’s kind,  it just indicate it was provided with the printer.

The printer uses five different ink cartridges, any empty cartridge must be replaced and the printer cannot print with any empty ink cartridges.

Black, Yellow, Cyan, Magenta and Photo Black ink cartridges:

https://support.hp.com/si-en/document/c01839024

I guess you may refer to the Photo Black as a setup cartridge? You must replace an empty Photo Black cartridge to resume by printing.

Shlomi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.