Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 9025
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I keeping getting an error message that reads, "Only one set of instant ink ready cartridge can be used in a printer.  Remove and replace cartridges.

Events in chronological order;  I bought printer months ago, inserted ink cartridges that came with printer and did some printing.  Eventually black ink got low and I replaced it.  Then the color inks got low and I replaced them.  Now I recently got a message telling me my color ink cartridges needed replacing.  I bought new color cartridges and replaced and am now getting that error message.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Dapectin,

I'd like to help!

I understand you received an "Only one set of instant ink ready cartridges can be used in a printer" error.

To assist better-

1. Could you share an image of the cartridge currently inserted in the printer?
  2. Are you enrolled in instant ink service, if yes, please share your account information in a private message?or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

I am not enrolled in any type of printer services, ink services or monthly or annual services with HP.  I do not want to be en rolled in any of these services.  I bought this ink from Target 5 days ago.  I took a picture of the yellow ink cartridge I replaced, however I also replaced the cyan and magenta cartridges as well.

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 1.39.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-07 at 1.39.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-07 at 1.39.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-07 at 1.37.03 PM.png

HP Recommended

Thank you for sharing the images.

Let's turn off web services and check if that helps.

--->Touch on the wifi icon ((i)) on the printer, and take down the IP address

--->Open a web browser (ex Chrome or Mozilla) and type in the printer's IP

---> click on webservices and remove webservices 

Let me know if this helps!

HP Recommended

I completed the task you stated.  I then tried to print something and this is all I got.  The print dialogue is permanently showing "printing".  I have never had this problem before.

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 4.15.37 PM.png

HP Recommended

What device are you using the printer with, a Windows computer, Mac, Android or an iPhone? 
I would like to know, is your router set to work on 2.4 GHz network or 5 GHz network band?

Is there antivirus software installed on your computer?

Keep me posted!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.