Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Error Message: The printhead appears to be missing, not detected, or incorrectly installed. As instructed I removed and re-installed the print cartridges individually and also removed and re-installed the entire print tray. I also unplugged the printer while it was “on” waited and plugged it in. I still have the error message and can’t print.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@FJS-NJ

Welcome to HP Support Community! 

Which Printer do you have?

Let us know.

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hello Betty, Thanks for responding. I ended up speaking with an HP Tech Support person. We tried a number of things, but in the end determined that the Printhead needed to be replaced in my 8600 printer. So, in the end we decided that I would replace it with a new HP Printer. She was very helpful and nice, a good experience. Thanks Again.
HP Recommended

I'm glad to hear that and you're most welcome. Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.