Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

It is a cartridge issue, I have had it before. Once replaced printer works fine.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the number but found it also on their support page.

Sent a message on it five hours ago, no reply yet

HP Recommended

I telephoned them on the number further up.

Wanted me to do tests that I had already done. But finally had me remove the black cartridge, scan a document and then print it. Surprisingly this worked with just the colour cartridge fitted. Agreed then that the black cartridge was faulty.

Then find out that they cannot press the button to order a new cartridge, so more fault finding, make sure its online and check the firmware, which was all ok.

It’s now been escalated urgently to a manager, while in the meantime for the last five days I can not use the printer due to a faulty cartridge through instantink.

This took a total of 34 minutes on the phone, so they had better get it sorted quick.

HP Recommended

i just want to know how to open the printer to find where i need to put in tonor

HP Recommended

I have the same issue, I did everything even changed the cartridge and the problem persists. They said I should be able to remove the cartridge and print in just color but that doesn’t work either. I am at my wits end

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.