Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8030
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I bought this printer new just over a month ago & it's never worked properly. Issues have been primarily inconsistency in print quality; I've spent a lot of time in forums/online trying to figure it out, cleaning the printer head etc.

It has said from the beginning that ink is low, but I read multiple places that sometimes it says that, though it isn't the case. Then I started getting error codes saying the ink was used or counterfeit.

I was referred by HP FB Messenger to a phone number where I waited without speaking to anyone for over an hour before I had to hang up. I went back to Messenger where I was told the issue would be escalated; every time I messaged, I had to re-describe the problems. Finally, I was offered a coupon to replace the printer. When I tried the code at the HP Store, I was told the code was invalid, so I went back to Messenger to ask about it. Now I've been on FB Messenger for 7 days consecutively with not a single reply from a person. 

I would like to hear from anyone else reading this who has had a similar experience. In addition, supposedly, I was supposed to get 8 mos. free ink as well. I followed all of the steps several times, receiving several different "printer codes" to enter as the last step to get what is actually not free ink, but $40 toward purchasing regular ink renewal. It didn't ever work, and the trouble shooting steps did not include what to do if their proposed steps provide no resolution.
No one will reply at all.
Is anyone else feeling scammed? Like there's no way to get ahold of anyone and you spent $250 on landfill that succeeds solely at wasting paper and suggesting you spend more money on ink in order to get it to work the way it's already supposed to work?

I've texted the Facebook Messenger every day and kept records of the conversations; I lost my job in June due to Covid & am trying to get back on my feet. I'm a single mom. I need a printer to work/find work... not sure what else to do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Banalog,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

and, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Banalog 

Request for Review

• I have submitted a request that someone review your question / concern.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales or HP Service.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Note to those reading:

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi @Banalog,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

and, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Jay_G24

I appreciate your taking the time to help. I was finally able to get through to someone a couple of days ago (the call was over 2 hours(!) and I first spoke with (2) people who were unable to help & passed me along up the chain).

I believe I finally have resolution; it was determined that the machine I received is flawed (I knew this like 7 weeks ago), and I'm being sent a replacement, with instructions to send the original back. 

It has been such a long, hard, stressful, and unrewarding experience that I am a little wary about calling this completely resolved until I have a working printer in-hand, but I am cautiously optimistic.

Again, thank you for taking the time to respond.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.