Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
LG Cybertron
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My new HP 910 color cartridges emptied at an unusually fast rate.  I went to Office Depot to buy new cartridges and was told that all HP 910 color cartridges had been recalled from their store.  According to a store associate, his was due to the cartridges emptying too quickly. 

How do I:  1) Get a refund on my old cartridges?  2) Find new cartridges?

Thank you for you help.

Bkirch5220

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

I would hope that HP would publish some information on this recall soon for consumers so we are not left in the dark without color ink for the printers we purchased.  Or HP should provide us all replacement current printers of the same quality that we purchased.  Can someone from HP answer this.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

I went to Office Depot, Best Buy, Walmart, Target and Meiers.  They all have the same recall notification from HP but no public support information for consumers.  I need to print in color.  What am I supposed to do when I cannot get any color cartridges and how long is this going to last because this is really frustrating.

HAT01

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue. I have looked everywhere trying to buy ink for my printer (910). At office Depot I was told that there was a recall no them. I have found nothing on HP website or anywhere confirming this.  Please have someone from HP respond to this please. 

HP Recommended

@bkirch5220 @HAT01 @KatherineB

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. Is there an official update? 

HP Support, what can be done? I just bought these printers to print in color, and an alleged recall (still not confirmed publicly) forces me unable to print. What can be done? What information can be provided? What assistance can be given? 

I've requested support via twitter to no avail.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue, and there is no response from HP. I chatted with sales support at HP store and they don't know anything about any problems with HP 910 cartridges, they say they are just out of stock. Third party sellers at Amazon are currently selling a set of repurposed non-HP color 910-compatible cartridges for $180, which is more than the cost of the printer. I'd say at this point don't expect any help from HP. I'm thinking to just cut my losses at this point and switch to another brand. Ridiculous.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with the 910 cartridges.  No one knows any answers, and we will be running out of all color inks shortly.  I switched from another manufacturer to this HP printer, we are considering changing printers again if we do not receive any information from HP.  

HP Recommended

What makes matters even worse is that I bought a warranty for the printer however, the manufacturer having an ink cartridge issues does not seem to qualify.  Day by Day my frustration grows as we are offered no alternatives.  The recall is around 2 weeks that I know of and yet there is no public information or an appropriate solution provided by HP

HP Recommended

No information from HP on the cartridges?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.