Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
CN583A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

6700 post clean.jpg6700 pre clean.jpgHi, I have started to use my HP OfficeJet 6700 Premium e-All-In-One printer again after a few months of it being in storage. I had to replace the Cyan cartridge and all seemed OK for a couple of days. The printer then seemed to smudge ink which resulted in no yellow being showed on the print quality test pages. I used the printer cleaning and alignment tools, but no improvement. Cartridges removed and thoroughly cleaned. I did notice there seemed to be quite a lot of black ink where the cartridges fit into the printhead which was spread over the area where all 4 cartridges seat. Cleaned this area thoroughly and refitted the cartridges. Ran the alignment and cleaning process again and the print quality report was fine. Yesterday, the printer stopped printing yellow again - the print status report shows test pattern 2 as 3 blocks of mainly magenta colour (should be Cyan, Magenta and Yellow). The black blocks were fine. Test pattern 3 was showing dark magenta blocks (should be green). Removed cartridges and cleaned the area again - even though there was little evidence of any ink leakage. Ran the printhead cleaning and alignment tools again (cleaning went to level 3). Print status report now fine. The cartridges are all at least 3/4 full, but 3 of them have a 2018 date on them - but if they are out of date, then surely they would not print correctly once the head is cleaned ? I have attached photos of the print quality reports - both before and after printhead cleaning and alignment.6700 post clean.jpg6700 pre clean.jpg

I don't want to buy a new full set of cartridges if the problem is elsewhere, so any advice would be gratefully received.  I am an experienced IT user so happy to look deeper into the printer if necessary.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@WJAYDEE

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding a replacement set if you received ones which are out of warranty.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.