Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177fw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

The touch-screen on this HP Color LaserJet Pro m177fw is heavily cracked rendering it unusable. I also need to replace the yellow toner cartridge since it's empty. According to your instructions here, I need to use the touch-screen in order to cycle to the toner cartridge which needs replacing. 

Would anyone please share how I can cycle to the correct toner cartridge WITHOUT using the touch-screen? Does the web interface of this printer allow me to cycle/rotate the toner cartridges?

/Ben
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You can rotate toners manually to get to Y and replace.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/LaserJet-Pro-MFP-M177fw-carousel-not-rotaring/td-p/5... 

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Hi Valsimot,

Thanks for your quick reply - I've forwarded these instructions and will post back if they have any trouble. Side-note: I see that you're based in Zagreb? Zdravo! I lived in Zagreb for 3 months a few years ago while on a work assignment and traveled all over (spent many a day in the square and worked out of the 360). You have a very beautiful country and I made some good friends while there.

/Ben
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.