cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
Level 1
4 2 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

I have an Hp Office Jet Pro 9018. I had to replace all of the cartridges at the same time.

HP Recommended
Ideapad330

I just had to replace all four cartridges.  At first it told me I needed black, then yellow, then Cyan then Magenta.  With my prior HP printer I could change the depleted cartridges one at a time as they were empty.  I liked replacing just what I needed not all of them.  I'm hoping this is not the new normal.  I hardly ever use color and it's hard to imagine they all became empty at the same time.  Hoping I can just replace what is needed when it is needed.  dbogen

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Level 12
Level 12
4,654 4,642 544 748
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That is relatively normal if you were still using those cartridges that came with the new printer. With replacement cartridges, you will be replacing them one by one depending on the usage of each colour.

My profile on LinkedIn

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
4 2 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for you help!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation