Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 5200
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Replaced black ink cartridge when indication empty, with a new one. Then got "Cartridge Problem" message that BOTH color and black cartridge empty even though I never used color printing ever and, as I noted, black replacement was brand new.  I tried again with another new black cartridge but same message pops up and both cartridges again show empty. Is this normal? Do I need to replace the color cartridge? Seems waste of money? Will this allow change to show a new black cartridge not empty and both would then work. Not able to find anywhere that explains this. Thanks for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hey 4Kenny4.

I Have this same problem. Have you had any luck with fixing it that might help me also?

Cheers 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the note. Not really sure I have an answer. I tried 1 more NEW authentic HP black cartridge (did not replace the color one) and printing seemed to work yesterday. Have not followed up today. This is 3rd NEW cartridge I have tried; these are way too expensive and this is a waste of money.  I have always liked HP printers and think they are the best but I am totally disappointed with ability to contact HP for assistance with something like this to the point I will not likely get another HP printer when time comes. They are very aggressive in pushing their InstantInk program but other wise I feel left in the lurch. 

Thanks again; please do let me know if you find anything else out and I will post here same for me if anything new. Best wishes.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.