cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Ink cartridge problem

HP Recommended
hp c7280
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Get "Ink cartridge problem" with my yellow hp 02 cartridge. So replaced, same issue. Rebooted, cleaned heads on most recent cartridge. Problem persists. Thinking the connectivity issue might be with the prongs on the printer for the yellow cartridge? Any advice?

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,137 24,025 1,333 1,418
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Shawn1dave

Welocme to the HP support community.

Update the printer firmware

Here are the steps:- Click here

Clean the cartridge contacts

1. Turn the printer on.

2. Open the door to access the cartridges.

Opening the cartridge access door

3. Squeeze and lift the cartridge latch for the cartridge indicated in the error message.

Opening the cartridge latch

4. Remove the cartridge.

CAUTION: 

Remove and clean each cartridge one at a time. Do not leave a cartridge outside the printer for more than 30 minutes.

5. Lightly dampen a cotton swab with distilled water, and then clean only the copper-colored contacts on the cartridge.

CAUTION: 

Hold the cartridge by its handle. Do not touch the copper-colored contacts with your hands.

Cleaning the cartridge contacts

6. Wait 10 minutes for the contacts to dry.

7. Place the cartridge back into its color-coded slot, and then press down on the gray latch until it snaps into place.

Inserting a cartridge

8. Repeat these steps for any other cartridges indicated in the error message.

9. Close the cartridge door.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation