Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I just began to have print quality problems today.  My cartridges we all very low so I replaced them all and the problems worsened.  I called an 855- number that I've had on file for some time and was connected to an agent working from home (I could hear the roosters crow in the back ground).  After a brief Q&A he told me that my ink cartridges were corrupt and that HP would send me a new printer.  Now, I just didn't fall of the turnip truck...that sounded very suspicious to me.  I terminated the phone call.  Do you have any suggestions how I should proceed.  I can't find a phone number to HP that I have any confidence in.

HP Recommended

The representative I had was working from home too.  I did receive a new printer but it uses the same cartridges.  They actually sent me the first shipment of ink.  I have not had to change in yet.   I'm skeptical thst it will work.   I hope you get some assistance.   

HP Recommended

So wait, offering to give you a new printer that uses the same ink would indicate a printer problem, not an ink problem. That totally goes against what everyone's been saying. I thought the printer was ok but the ink was bad.

I haven't called yet myself, I started to fill out an online help form but I needed my serial number which stopped me because I'll have to figure out where that is and write it down. Anyway it sounds like I should call myself. Calling sounded pointless from what everyone was saying, so I didn't. But now I am thinking I should? I haven't even had this printer a year. I forget when I got it... March or April... so it's not even a year old. Is it under warranty? I have no idea what I am supposed to be doing.

Maybe the administrator could tell me what I am supposed to do? There is someone who pops in here  periodically... What are we officially supposed to be doing???

- - - - 

Edit: now I see a note at the top saying it is a Mac OS problem. The problem is I can't find any ink! I've got the right OS. I need INK!!!

HP Recommended

I had a 8025 and they sent me a 8028.   They told me my printer was recalled.   They sent a shipping label to send back the 8025.  

HP Recommended

Customer service has been NO HELP! And we all have $200 paperweights!  Class action suit is next.  

HP Recommended

I was able to return mine to Costco since HO was useless.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.