Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
305 color ink cartridge
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought a Deskjet 2710 a few days ago. The cartridge ink finished with 3 days of use. I bought a new 305 color cartridge first thing in the morning and after printing about 12 pages, 4 of which we can consider to be ful color pages with others having scanty images, the new cartridge indicates finished!! - less than 2 hours later, 12 pages. I'm upset. The store owner replaces it for me immediately, but now, the replacement has also finished after printing 18 pages. This is what prompted me to search on Google if anybody was having similar problems - and thus, how I got here. While reading so many similar complaints, It now occurred to me that mine is not an isolated case. I now remember that the reason for me abandoning my new office printer, an Inkjet 8720, was because of expensive ink cartridges that finish after a few prints.

Sooo what's really going on here. Is HP reducing their ink content in the cartridges or are they evaporating?? Are the cartridges manufactured by contractors or actual HP factories?? I've been a loyal HP user since my engineering student days at Wazzu when I invested in those calculators that use modular chips we would insert into it for different applications. Personally, I'm almost giving up on HP printers. I'm seriously considering trying another brand at this point - I'm frustrated really. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Kitibi, Welcome to HP Support Community!

We shall escalate this issue to the concerned team.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.