Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Acer Aspire
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Envy 4527.  The printer has been working fine until yesterday.  I subscribe to Instant Ink and the two cartridges installed were supplied by instant ink.  The printer is not working and states that there is a problem with one of the cartridges, which it no longer seems to recognise,  indicating the colour cartridge.  It told me to remove and re-install it.  I have done this several times and have wiped it clean, to no avail.  I still have an empty colour cartridge, so I tried putting that in.  The printer accepted it and started working, but with the indication that I need to replace the colour cartridge.  I replaced it with the one that I removed and, once again, I got the message that there was a problem with the cartridge.  This is not a brand new colour cartridge.  It has been in use for a while.

The serial number is [Personal Information Removed].  I need to resolve this urgently.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Since my earlier post I’ve managed to ‘chat’ online (via WhatsApp, accessed in Instant Ink account) with a real advisor. I had to go through the troubleshooting process again (already did it 3 times) before he decided I could have a new instant ink colour cartridge sent out.

Note: it’s possible to remove colour cartridge and still print just using black one if you’re desperate!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem with my Envy 4524. Any type of Support from HP seems to be unavailable. 

HP Recommended

I have an Envy 4500 which is giving me the same message regarding my colour 'instant ink' cartridge and I've encountered identical problems trying to get an answer. Unless this issue is remedied HP instant ink will not supply another ink cartridge, which seems harsh. Virtual assistance is not up to solving this and it feels like I'm just going around in circles!

Oh for the opportunity to speak to a real person with adequate knowledge. Help!!

HP Recommended

Same for me here with brand new HP deskjet 4100 and cartridges supplied by HP. Color ink shows an error, while black and white cartridge is fine. I also need urgent assistance with this. 

HP Recommended

Since my earlier post I’ve managed to ‘chat’ online (via WhatsApp, accessed in Instant Ink account) with a real advisor. I had to go through the troubleshooting process again (already did it 3 times) before he decided I could have a new instant ink colour cartridge sent out.

Note: it’s possible to remove colour cartridge and still print just using black one if you’re desperate!

HP Recommended

Thank you.  I have now managed to communicate with an actual person via WhatsApp.  After a lengthy question and answer dialogue, which involved asking questions I had already answered and sending photographs of the cartridge both in and out of the printer, the agent agreed to send me a replacement cartridge.  I thought I was happy with the HP Instant Ink system, but now have serious doubts about it.

HP Recommended

I eventually managed to talk to a person yesterday via the instant ink route. I didn’t encounter any problems with them sending a replacement cartridge, in fact they were quite helpful. 

HP Recommended

Hi there. I have the same issue. What is the "instant Ink route" and how do I go about actually talking to someone about replacing my color cartridge?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

See my post from 22nd June 2021.  I logged onto my Instant Ink account and found a Whatsapp link, which enabled me to have a live conversation with someone who eventually agreed to send me a new cartridge.  The cartridge arrived very quickly and solved the problem.  I noticed that the new cartridge was a small capacity one.  The faulty cartridge had been a high capacity one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.