Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
LaserJet CP5225
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey all,

I have a LaserJet CP5225 printer that I have been having trouble with ever since I got it and would love to sort out once and for all.  The printer will not print reliably or consistently, and documents get hung up in queue for long periods of time before not  printing. I have tried:

- Both of the recommended drivers  (UPD PCL6 & UPD PS)
- Uninstalling and reinstalling the most recent/updated drivers 
- Running the HP Diagnostic Tool - the only problem identified was the stuck print queue, which it could not resolve

The problem is most acute and frequent on color PDFs.  B/w PDFs don't seem to have the same problem.  The printer is able to print an internal test page/diagnostic in full color with no problem as well.

I appreciate any assistance or advice anyone can offer to help me fix this problem. Thank you!

Product: HP LaserJet CP5225

Product #: CE711A

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Are these hi-res images? Is it possible that you are simply sending documents too complex for the printer to process in a reasonable time. This device has a small standard memory built in and you can expand by up to 256mb. For color printing I would max out the memory.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

That is certainly possible.  However it still gets hung up with relatively simple documents like a  one-page color PDF.  I am certainly happy to expand the memory on it to see if it helps - I will do some research to figure out how to do that, but happy for any additional guidance you want to provide.  Thank you for looking!

HP Recommended

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01930755

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you for that.  I have 256 mb on the way to max it out - hopefully it helps with the problem!

If anyone has any other suggestions in the meantime I would be happy to try them out!

HP Recommended

Hey Repairatrooper,

Following the instructions on the link provided and its not quite lining up with what I'm seeing when I try to enable the memory.  I don't seem to have a "Configure" tab or a "Total Memory" field to adjust as per the instructions.  I've looked every which way I can think of and can't seem to match up with what the instructions are asking me to do - do you have any suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.