cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

LaserJet CP5225 stuck in queue/not printing

HP Recommended
LaserJet CP5225
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey all,

I have a LaserJet CP5225 printer that I have been having trouble with ever since I got it and would love to sort out once and for all.  The printer will not print reliably or consistently, and documents get hung up in queue for long periods of time before not  printing. I have tried:

- Both of the recommended drivers  (UPD PCL6 & UPD PS)
- Uninstalling and reinstalling the most recent/updated drivers 
- Running the HP Diagnostic Tool - the only problem identified was the stuck print queue, which it could not resolve

The problem is most acute and frequent on color PDFs.  B/w PDFs don't seem to have the same problem.  The printer is able to print an internal test page/diagnostic in full color with no problem as well.

I appreciate any assistance or advice anyone can offer to help me fix this problem. Thank you!

Product: HP LaserJet CP5225

Product #: CE711A

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,073 6,024 650 1,537
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Are these hi-res images? Is it possible that you are simply sending documents too complex for the printer to process in a reasonable time. This device has a small standard memory built in and you can expand by up to 256mb. For color printing I would max out the memory.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That is certainly possible.  However it still gets hung up with relatively simple documents like a  one-page color PDF.  I am certainly happy to expand the memory on it to see if it helps - I will do some research to figure out how to do that, but happy for any additional guidance you want to provide.  Thank you for looking!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,073 6,024 650 1,537
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01930755

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for that.  I have 256 mb on the way to max it out - hopefully it helps with the problem!

If anyone has any other suggestions in the meantime I would be happy to try them out!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey Repairatrooper,

Following the instructions on the link provided and its not quite lining up with what I'm seeing when I try to enable the memory.  I don't seem to have a "Configure" tab or a "Total Memory" field to adjust as per the instructions.  I've looked every which way I can think of and can't seem to match up with what the instructions are asking me to do - do you have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation