Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 5222 All-in-One Printer
Other

I have been having issues with my printer printing blank pages. I have removed the cartridges and reinstalled them and still printed blank. I turned off the printer, turned it back on still the same blank pages printing. I removed the cartridges again and tried to clean them and when installing it, it was giving an error that the cartridges needs to be removed and reinstalled again. I have done this 30x and the same error pops up. Its weird because the colored ink was the original one that came with the printer and shows that atleast half of the cartridge is still full. The blank cartridge was purchased about 2 months ago and it is the HP Brand. I have used the printer about 10x (10 pages- mainly used for shipping labels) since i purchased the black cartridge. So there is no way that the cartridge should be empty or that it is not compatible. Either way, something's wrong because neither of the cartridges are working or printing anything on the paper. My printer is not even a year old and it's given me nothing but a headache!

Tried to reach out to Chat for support but kept transferring me to the wrong department that has nothing to do with my issue. I am not about to spend more money trying to buy new cartridges because both cartridges are pretty new or not even halfway. I hope i can get an answer from HP because this is absolutely frustrating. To think i bought this printer because i wanted a new printer to replace MY 6 year old Canon printer that never had these types of issues. 

Hope i can get help from here. Otherwise, might as well throw the printer away since i cannot reach anyone. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Deedonut

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I want to thank you for taking the time to speak to us today. Your business means a lot to us. As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that 
here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.