cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
rtisc
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Officejet Pro 9018 - ink "replace" button will not move print head for cartridge access

HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 9018
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an "ink needs replacing" indicator on my touch-screen. When I open the front, the on-sreen prompt changes and tells me to press the touch-screen "replace" button to move the print head for access to the cartridges. This button is unresponsive. I have tried (1) opening the top; (2) turning the printer off and back on; (3) leaving the printer on and unplugging for over one minute and plugging it back in; (4) downloading and updating the firmware (it was already current, and does not permit uploading again). We use this for our home-based business, and we are at our wits end. This one non-responsive software option has turned our printer into a large useless brick. There does not appear to be any physical way to bypass this button. The print head used to reposition for access any time the top was raised, but this has evidently been replaced with a software only option. I consider this change to be a serious design flaw. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Betty0610
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,602 17,584 975 834
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@rtisc

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Try the steps from here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-9010-all-in-one-printer-series/23903057/model/...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Dana36
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the link did not work, so it was zero help.  I was very hopeful.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation