Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2722e All-in-One Printer
macOS 10.15 Catalina

RE: Case Number CRM:[Personal Information Removed]

On 26 March 2022, I responded to a follow up email from Filip at HP Service Support EMEA.

Since then I have heard nothing - not even an acknowledgement. My printer is still performing badly.

Is somebody going to respond to me or not?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @eflatman,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I'd like to help!

To assist better -

• Could you brief me on the issue?
  • Was the case escalated?

Keep me posted. 

HP Recommended

Hello Jay G24

Firstly - I don't know if the case was escalated because I did not get a reply to the message below.

Secondly  - I have two case numbers : case number 5082696251and  Case Number CRM:0071269000931

I don't know why, but Filip (hpservicesupport_emea@hp.com) gave me the first one when he emailed me on 24 March 2022 when he invited me to respond to him. I did respond, but he didn't reply.  This was the content of my response to him:

Hello Filip

Thank you for your assistance yesterday.
Your advice concerning the ‘hard restart’ worked well to clear my printers apparent lock up. 
Unfortunately there are more problems - the print quality is still very poor and blurred…. 

eflatman_0-1649868320561.jpeg

….and now it is the HP Smart app that seems to have locked up and is frozen on my screen.

I have used the HP Smart app to access the ‘Quality Controls’ and I have tried several times to 'Clean Printheads.'
I think the printer is attempting to do this because is makes quite a lot of noise, but it sometimes shows the attached warning which suggests that the printer is busy and I should ‘retry’. I have to ‘Cancel’ and then click  'Clean Printheads’ again to get it to print a Print diagnostic page. Which is still of poor quality. The two Print Quality diagnostic pages that I have managed to to get to print are still showing Blurred characters.

eflatman_1-1649868320562.png

eflatman_2-1649868320563.jpeg

I think the HP Smart app is anything but ‘smart’. It takes about 3 minutes to actually load on my iMac and is very slow and clunky in use. All my other apps are very fast.

As I sit here the ‘Cleaning’ message with a whirling circle in the HP Smart app has been on my screen for 10 MINUTES telling me that a test page will be printed. This clearly is not going to happen so I have no alternative but to quit the HP Smart app yet again.

eflatman_3-1649868320563.png

I am very disappointed. I find the Quality is not what I expected. The HP Smart app is slow, awkward to navigate and simply does not seem to work - my whole HP experience is very frustrating.
Perhaps you should send me a new printer or refund my money so that I can buy a printer that works properly.
I really can’t afford to spend all this time, paper and ink simply trying to clean the heads to get acceptable print
quality.
My Spec: Apple iMac OS 10:15.7 Catalina
Regards

Keith Railton
HP Recommended

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.