Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3630

Hi. 

I have an HP Deskjet 3630 and when I went to use it there I found the quality to be terrible. It most looks like it is running out of ink but it has plenty according to the HP app. I'm using the app on Android but there was never this problem before.

I have tried every single diagnostic including the cleaning and did the cleaning twice. I've attached photos in case that helps point out the issue. 

Thanks for any help. 

20210926_163106.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The ink dried from the printer not being used for a long time. You can soak a black ink cartridge ( bottom part) in hot water that might help dissolve dried ink.

Replacing a black ink cartridge will fix the problem.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

This is another page done while using the diagnostic tools

20210926_163117.jpg

HP Recommended

The ink dried from the printer not being used for a long time. You can soak a black ink cartridge ( bottom part) in hot water that might help dissolve dried ink.

Replacing a black ink cartridge will fix the problem.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply Valsimot.

Do I need to do the same with the colour cartridge? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.