Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 8600 Pro
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently moved from Latin America to the US and brought my printer with me. I purchased new printer cartridges for use in the US (Z10) but I get an error message that says " The following cartridges are not intended for use in this printer."  Although my printer is shown as being in the US it apparently will only accept cartridges for Latin America.  I need to reset the printer so it can accept Z10 cartridges, How do I do this?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Jimryan1 

Please use the following guide

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/HP-Printer-purchased-in-a-different-country-ne...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion. I almost got the problem resolved from a chat with an HP rep on Facebook Messenger but she went away before completing the project. I'll try that way again. Seems to depend on what agent you get.  Was unable to get a case number so I could talk to an agent on the phone. Still working the problem. Very time consuming and frustrating.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.