Did you mean: 
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Printer Cartridge Compatibility

HP Recommended
Officejet 8600 Pro
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently moved from Latin America to the US and brought my printer with me. I purchased new printer cartridges for use in the US (Z10) but I get an error message that says " The following cartridges are not intended for use in this printer."  Although my printer is shown as being in the US it apparently will only accept cartridges for Latin America.  I need to reset the printer so it can accept Z10 cartridges, How do I do this?

2 REPLIES 2
Level 19
Level 19
88,731 88,617 11,329 24,327
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jimryan1 

Please use the following guide

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/HP-Printer-purchased-in-a-different-country-ne...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion. I almost got the problem resolved from a chat with an HP rep on Facebook Messenger but she went away before completing the project. I'll try that way again. Seems to depend on what agent you get.  Was unable to get a case number so I could talk to an agent on the phone. Still working the problem. Very time consuming and frustrating.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation