Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet F4210
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, my printer prints PDF files that contain text with shadows. It happens only with PDF, other apps like Word works normally. Any solutions?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @Miro0102-SVK-,

I'd like to help!

Print the PDF as an image

You can print a PDF file as an image.

NOTE: 

Printing a PDF file as an image can result in blurry images or fonts, especially along the edges of the print.

1. Open the original PDF file.

2. Click File, and then select Print from the list.

The Print window opens.

3. Click Advanced.

The Advanced Print Setup window opens.

4. Click the Print As Image checkbox, change any other settings as desired, and then click OK.

Printing the PDF file as an image

If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Try the steps in the document -Faded, Missing, or Dull Colors in Printouts

Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Print As Image does not help.

I have already installed the newest Firmware.

There are no errors in extended self test report (even the text does not have a shadow), but problem still occurs, when printing PDF.

HP Recommended

Try installing the printer using windows driver.

For instructions, refer to  Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

Still does not help

HP Recommended

Is the print quality better when printing from other applications and when you make a copy?

HP Recommended

Yes, when I am printing a text from Word (.doc), there quality is, as it should be (there is no shadow behing letters)

HP Recommended

Seems like an Adobe issue,Uninstall and then reinstall the software-

Uninstall and reinstall the Adobe software to get the latest version of Adobe Reader.

1. In Windows, search for and open Add or remove programs.

2. In the list of installed programs, click Adobe Reader, and then click Uninstall or Yes.

3. If a User Account Control message displays, click Yes.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the software removal. If the software uninstall process does not start or an error displays while uninstalling, download Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed (in English) from the Microsoft website, and then try uninstalling again.

5. After Adobe Reader uninstalls, close all programs and web browsers, and then restart the computer.

6. Open a web browser, go to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (in English), and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.

7. Try printing the original PDF file again.

Let t me know!

HP Recommended

It does not help

HP Recommended

please reach the application support, as this not a printer issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.