Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
M454dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm attempting to print a 4x6 photo using the native Microsoft "Photos" app.

HP M454dw laser printer

I set the paper size to 4x6

I insert 4x6 paper into tray 1 after adjusting the holder to fit this smaller size

The photo will print but is offset, so only a stripe of the photo is printed on the paper.

How do I get the photo to align to the paper?

Thx

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please make sure the Photo Paper is Laserjet compatible, it should list such compatibility on its packaging.

When you load the paper into the tray and closing the tray, be sure to follow the steps on the screen to select the specific Paper Type (E.g. Glossy, Matter, etc.) and its Size.

Also from the software, be sure to select the correct paper size and type, then check for any difference.

Also, be aware that there will be some minimum margins, Laser printers cannot print borderless / edge-to-edge photos.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi,

I've set the paper size in the software app and when I go to print I get a confirmation message on the printer that i have that paper size in tray 1. I click "ok" and it prints... but the print seems to expect the paper to be at the left-most edge when in fact the printer positions it along the midline center of the tray. The result is that I only get a portion of the ink to hit the paper.

HP Recommended

<bump>

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.