1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Pro 6830 e Cyan stopped printing

HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 6830-e-All-in-One Series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Out of the "blue" (pun intended!), Cyan stopped printing even though I had plenty of ink in the cartridge, and use this printer all the time. I've searched the HP Community and haven't found the right solution yet. Beyond that, I've done the following to no avail.

1. Cleaned the printhead 3 times
  2. Performed a hard start of the printer
  3. Used the copier feature to print a color copy 
  4. Replaced the half-full Cyan cartridge with a brand new one

Still no Cyan color. 

Any suggestions for what to try next? I really like this printer and hate to give up on it. 

TYIA!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,285 17,284 1,160 1,375
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Linda2950, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve this issue by performing the necessary troubleshooting steps.

Since you have precisely tried all the necessary steps and the issue persists, I'm afraid this is an issue with the printhead of the printer. Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

For more info on resolving this issue, you may refer to - Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Linda2950,

My 6830 did exactly the same thing (i.e., stop printing cyan) at almost exactly the same time (Dec 2020).  Did any of the troubleshooting help?  It hasn't for me.

tmkirk

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation