Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  Was advised by HP to do a partial reset because of print jobs sending multiple times.  I was then unable to connect to HP ink, so had to click ok on the printer before each job.  If I went to click it later it just printed half a page.  Also this left my ink usage unchanged on line so I wouldn't get any replacements.  

It took 2 days to get another answer from HP on whatsapp and this morning I was advised to do a factory reset.  That resulted in not being able print at all because it says I'm not registered with HP ink, so it won't let me use the cartridges!  At that point, they said to give them a moment and 5 hours later I have heard nothing.

I've tried entering the claim code (about 10 different ones by now) but it just says there has been an error.  I've tried another factory reset.  i have tried to set the date as suggested by another customer on here, but even going in via the IP address, there is no date and time setting available to me.

Please could an HP assistant on here get back to me as my children are home schooling and I have to print their work (which is why I am currently paying £10 a month for this service!)

sallynew_0-1614265051960.png

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I have the same problem as a few others on here.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Instant-Ink/No-Instant-Ink-Connectivity/m-p/7919289#M14666

I cannot print at all now because it will not connect to instant ink, so won't let me use the cartridges.

My printer was working and updating the pages on Instant Ink.  I had an issue where jobs would re-print so I contacted HP who told me to do a partial reset of my printer.

After that, I could still print, but I had to click 'ok' on a message telling "Connect printer to update HO Instant Ink Status".  When I tried to click "connect" on that message, it would tell me that it could not connect as the server may be busy.  I contacted HP again because the pages were not being updated on my instant ink account and if I didn't click OK quickly enough, the print job would only do a quarter page.

The next advice was to  do a full factory reset.  This then left my printer unable to connect to Instant Ink at all and means that it will not print anything because the cartridges belong to Instant Ink, "Cartridge cannot be used until printer is enrolled in HP Instant Ink".

I have tried to re-enroll it on hp connect by enterring the claim code to set it all up again.  I have done this about 10 times and performed more factory resets and network resets.  Nothing seems to work.

I have tried to change the date and time by logging onto the IP address, but it doesn't come up with any date and time options (this was a solution in another ticket).

Web Service Status - Enabled

Internet Connection - Connected

Printer Connection to HP Connected - Connected

HP ePrint - On

HP Instant Ink - Disabled

Would anyone be able to help please?  The whatsapp HP assistant says I'll need a new printer, but I urgently need to print things now for home schooling and the printer was fine before, so if anyone is able to fix this at the HP end, I'd be really, really happy!

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@sallynew

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

Please try these steps

Please ensure the printer has the latest Firmware https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Next assign a manual IP Address

1) Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can print a Network Configuration page to obtain the IP address.

2) Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.

3) Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.

4) Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)

5) Click Manual IP

6) If you see a Suggest a Manual IP Address button, click Manual IP address, and the Manual IP addresses are automatically filled out for you.

7) If your page does not have a button to suggest a manual IP address, type the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway using the numbers shown in the report you printed.

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.  I’ve gone through the steps, but at the final bit of allocating the IP address it says that the communication between the printer and browser has been lost (which might be because the IP address has changed).  I then tried putting a new claim code in on instant ink and I still get the message that something has gone wrong.

HP Recommended

Please try these steps 

- Print a Network Config Page from the printer. Note the printer's IP address.

- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.

- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.

- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you do not know the range, change the last set of numbers (those after the last '.') to 250

- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)

- Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway.

- Enter 8.8.8.8 for the first DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the second DNS. This is Google DNS.

- Click 'Apply'.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi,

it won’t let me do anything now because I did another factory reset and so it hasn’t got a wi-fi connection.  When it turns on, it goes to a screen saying it can’t print because of the ink and you can’t get off that page! I can’t go to the IP address because there’s no wi-fi connection.

HP Recommended

I have sent you a private message. Please check your Inbox

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.