Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
ExamHP 9015e
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am ready to buy a new printer and am targeting the HP 9015e. I see on the HP website that the recommended monthly page volume for the 9015e is 1500 pages. I doubt I will ever approach that number of pages in one month (likely to be less than 100 pages). Will that cause an issue with performance if I don't have that high of monthly print volume?

I do need the auto duplex scanning feature and that is the main driving force for purchasing this printer model.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

At least once per week one page of all colours to print something to maintain printhead.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

If you print on a regular base 100 paged through the month the printer will be just fine.  But if you print 100 pages in one day, and leave your printer unused for the rest of the month that is the problem.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Excellent advice, thanks.

I have gone for several days (sometime weeks when I am traveling) without printing with my current printer. And I think that may be the cause of problems with the print head nozzles (current printer is 8 yrs old). Could you advise how often the printer should be used? Perhaps print a color page once a week when I don't have a need to do serious printing would prevent issues with the print head nozzles. I would value thoughts on good practice to keep the printer running optimally.

Thanks

HP Recommended

At least once per week one page of all colours to print something to maintain printhead.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.