cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Schumaan
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Streaking on Prints

HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro 100 color MFP M175nw

1. PROBLEM STATEMENT: I am getting black (dark grey) streaks (Photo attached) from my prints, both prints from file and photocopies.

Spoiler
PROBLEM: Black streaks on printsPROBLEM: Black streaks on prints

2. ACTION TAKEN: I performed 'printer service > cleaning page'  multiple times but issue still persists.

3. OBESERVATION: Upon inspection, black (dark grey) streaks are observed on the following parts: (Photos attached) "Note: Terminologies used may be inaccurate, please refer to the image attached"

3(a) Imaging drum

3(b) Transfer roller

3(c) Transfer belt

Spoiler
3(a) Streaks/tracks on  'Imaging Drum'3(a) Streaks/tracks on 'Imaging Drum'
Spoiler
3(b )(c) Streaks/tracks on  'Iransfer Belt' and 'Transfer Roller'3(b )(c) Streaks/tracks on 'Iransfer Belt' and 'Transfer Roller'

QUESTION:

Q1. What could be the cause of the problem above?

Q2. Can the hardware be cleaned? If so, what are the appropriate steps to do so?

3 REPLIES 3
Schumaan
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

👋Hi HP support team,

Unfortunately, I am still unable to solve the problem on my own.

I would love to receive some professional advice from the team. 

Sincerely,

Schumaan

0 Kudos
Repairatrooper
Level 12
Level 12
6,974 6,902 740 1,859
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Most likely the cartridge that you show the picture of is defective and replacing it will resolve your problem.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

Schumaan
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks repairatrooper for your advise and knowledge-sharing.

I attempted cleaning the parts and new prints seem clean.

Do you know if there is use of waste toner container/cartridge in printer model (HP LaserJet 100 color M175nw)?

If so, how would I go about accessing it?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation