Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
8720 All in One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have done all I can to rectify the print head error for our 3.5 year old HP All in One 8720 (short of buying a replacement head which seems problematic). But we have too many unused print cartridges that we would rather not lose. What are the currently available printers that take these same ink cartridges?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @21rouge ,

Welcome to the HP Support-Community.

I have listed all compatible printers which are working with the HP 957 cartridge:

HP OfficeJet Pro 8210,

HP OfficeJet Pro 8218,

HP OfficeJet Pro 8720,

HP OfficeJet Pro 8730,

HP OfficeJet Pro 8740

Cheers!

Nils_K

Did you get a solution to your question? Please mark it as solved.

Did a post help you? Please click on the "thumbs up", to show this and actively help others.

I don't work on behalf of HP. | HP Expert program 

HP Recommended

Thanks Nils_K. Not a lot of choice of readily available models :(.

Kicking myself for having purchased too many ink cartridges in advance.

HP Recommended

Hi ,

I am sorry not to have better news. ☹️

I can only advise you to sell the cartridges on ebay or something like this. 

@21rouge wrote:

Kicking myself for having purchased too many ink cartridges in advance.

Regardless of what printer you are going to buy, it is never a good idea to store many cartridges. The reason is the warranty expire date. If there is anything wrong with the cartridge, you can complain it but only before the warranty expire date. 

Cheers!

Nils_K

Did you get a solution to your question? Please mark it as solved.

Did a post help you? Please click on the "thumbs up", to show this and actively help others.

I don't work on behalf of HP. | HP Expert program 

HP Recommended

It wasnt intentional buying 'extra' cartridges.

(I have just sourced a replacement print head (used) for our 8720 that I will pick up today...fingers crossed.) 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.